Your brand new diapers need to be prepped before use to prepare the fibers for proper absorption. Preparation of new diapers depends on the materials they are made from. Please read carefully.
- Natural fibers should be prepped only with other natural fibers! Do not prep microfiber with natural fibers. The oils and waxes released from natural fibers will coat microfiber causing it to repel rather than absorb. Once all items have been prepped, they can be washed together.
- For Bee Changed Microsuede Diapers and microfiber inserts- wash once with a small amount of approved detergent in hot cycle and tumble or hang to dry.
- For Bee Changed Bamboo Diapers/Bitty Bee Changed Diapers- wash diapers in hot cycle 4 times prior to first use. Use a small amount of approved detergent in first and second wash. Third and fourth washes do not require detergent. Tumble or hang to dry.
- For hemp/organic cotton inserts- wash inserts in two full hot wash cycles with approved detergent and dry on hot. Repeat with two or more full hot wash cycles with approved detergent and dry on hot again. Absorbencey will increase with each wash until they've had approximately 10 washes. Tumble or hang dry.
**Remember that bamboo is a natural fiber. Drying time will be longer than synthetic fibers. The luxury of bamboo is worth the wait! Bamboo fibers work in such a way that diaper absorbency will actually increase with each wash until they've had approximately 10 washes.
- All in One Diapers and Inserts: wash warm with detergent and tumble dry, repeating this process 5–6 times before use (they will continue to gain absorbency with more washing)
- Covers: Wash once in warm water with detergent. Hang to dry.